Seeking Python->mySQL OR module

aum spam-me-senseless at 127.0.0.1
Mon Feb 2 20:28:02 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm looking for an object-relational layer, which can wrap a MySQL
database into highly pythonic objects.

There seem to be dozens of packages which provide some of this
functionality, but all the ones I've looked at so far have major drawbacks.

What I'm looking for in an object-relational wrapper layer is:

1) Pure python
2) Talks to standard MySQLdb python module
3) No need for third-party modules (apart from standard python modules)
3) Can access *existing* tables on *existing* databases, without me
needing to
    create python classes which define the columns
4) Can query existing databases to get table names, and open those tables
5) On opening the tables, can get a list of column names
6) Makes tables available as python objects
7) Elegant pythonic interface to these objects
8) No requirement to use SQL statements, but the ability to do so if
desired

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance