Seeking Python->mySQL OR module

aum spam-me-senseless at 127.0.0.1
Tue Feb 3 06:09:38 EST 2004

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:15:52 -0500, Mike C. Fletcher <mcfletch at rogers.com>
wrote:

> Give in to the idea that there is no perfect object-relational mapper :)

After several hours of looking, this is dawning on me.

> .  There is a high impedance mismatch between the two domains

I'm really seeing what you mean. And how!

Back in my bad old PHP days, the paradigm difference wasn't as severe.
But since I've disinfected myself of PHP and settled into Python, the
two worlds are universes apart.

The general feeling I get is that DB-wrapping is probably a personal
thing, extremely subject to the needs and tastes of the programmer.

In my case, I think I'll go down the track of having a single module for
all
things SQL, and writing specific funcs/classes for specific queries.

>     http://pytable.sourceforge.net/

Thx for the recommendation. I've downloaded it, and am studying it along
with a few others.