OT: PHP as a general language (was Re: where does Python stand?)

Joe Mason joe at notcharles.ca
Sat Feb 7 15:39:28 EST 2004

In article <c718a6cf.0402071225.ea09de6 at posting.google.com>, Y2KYZFR1 wrote:
> Actually PHP can be used as a stand alone general scripting language,
> just like Python can. Python is much more powerful though.

I was just looking for a way to run PHP as a general script, actually
(it'd be much easier to debug extensions than having to load a web page
through Apache every time).  But I can't find a standalone interpreter
on my system (Debian stable) - all the php packages just hook into
Apache.  Do you know where I can find a standalone PHP?

Joe