Newbie lost(new info)

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Wed Feb 25 17:49:12 EST 2004

If you could read it with SAS, most likely the floats are in
IBM's proprietary format, not in standard IEEE-488 (or whatever)
format. (IBM, by the way, was there first...) I'm not certain whether
Python can convert them. You might have to do some bit twiddling,
which is going to be awfully slow.

For the rest of it, I'd like to see a *real* hex dump in mainframe
format. From what you've given us so far I'm not certain whether
the struct module can convert the data for you.

John Roth

news:mailman.132.1077738332.8594.python-list at python.org...