JPG Image Load,Resize,Save with 100% Python?

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu
Sun Feb 8 22:42:24 EST 2004

> There is nothing like this.
>
> Because this is a task that can't be done in Python well.
> You must expect it to be around 140 times (thats 14000%) slower then a
> C library thats why nobody wants to do it.

140 seems pretty extreme.  Most tests I've run put numeric calculations
at around 10-20 times slower, not 140.

A better answer as to why there isn't a pure python module is because
there already exists numerous C JPEG libraries, which are much easier to
wrap with SWIG, than to rewrite completely in Python.

  - Josiah