file() and Win32 security attributes

Gerson Kurz gerson.kurz at t-online.de
Thu Feb 26 12:36:26 EST 2004

Hi all, a quick question: how can I force file() to create files that
have "ALL ACCESS FOR EVERYONE" security attributes? Other than by a
major rewrite of my existing code modules replacing the existing
"native-python" code by win32file / win32security calls?

In case you're wondering what is happening here:

- user A with admin rights logs on to NT and uses python to create a
file
- user A logs off
- user B without admin rights logs on to NT and uses python to access
said file -> doesn't work, because B has no admin rights and cannot
access files created by an administrator.

Most feasible solution is AAFE, because a more finegrained ACL is a
nightmare to maintain :)