Thread problem

ktag ktag at eircomBAD.netSPAM
Fri Feb 20 12:51:16 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm having some very wierd thread problems:
- my thread is not starting every time I start my application. It is
  displayed as started (print my_thread), but my print statements
  (like print "Got here") are not appearing. Worst is that it's not
  happening every time.
  It's a very inconsistent behaviour that I don't understand.
- even when it starts properly and my print statements appear
  it doesn't get to the end of the run(self) method. It stops somewhere
  in the middle. Always the same place.
- most interesting stuff is that my thread is always completing when
  I close my app. All my print statements appear and everything is
  great but my app is closing down!

It must be something silly. I can send some code so you see what's
going on. Maybe something on the Linux side?
Linux Pismo 2.4.22-powerpc #1 mar fév 17 08:42:07 CET 2004 ppc GNU/Linux
Python 2.3.3
[GCC 3.3.3 20040110 (prerelease) (Debian)] on linux