Plotting modules

DG david.grant-NOSPAM at telus.net
Thu Feb 26 20:36:45 EST 2004

I'm interesting in finding the ultimate cross-platform python plotting
module.  So far I've used scipy.gplt and biggles which both have
disadvantages.  There is no python 2.3 binary package for biggles in
windows, and scipy.gplt doesn't seem to work with MacMillan's installer
in Windows.  I haven't tried py2exe yet.

I need a plotting program this is:
-Cross platform (linux and windows) and can build into binary form, or
easy to install form on linux and windows.
-Hopefully still maintained (unlike biggles)
-Easy to use (like scipy.gplt)

I wasn't that impressing with the Gnuplot python module, and I haven't
tried scipy.plt or chaco yet.

Alternatively, if someone can tell me some way that I can package my
code so that others in Windows can run it.  I just don't want other
people to have to download python, Numeric, scipy, and biggles, for
example, just to get my code to run.  But if I could easily package all
that stuff into one, that would be fine, although the installer would be
huge.

David