Python Productivity Gain?

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Fri Feb 20 13:32:02 EST 2004

Matthias wrote:

> I checked the first 30 out of the 16,000 pages found.  It is about
> what I expected: Mostly advertisement for products and "solutions".
> Maybe one of the pages might qualify as an empirical study.
>
> This industry is on a random walk... ;-))

Despite the smiley I think it is worth putting this in perspective. Take
a random language implementation from 1975 and try implementing
something in it. I think that you will find strong anecdotal evidence
that Things Are Getting Better. It is a frustratingly slow and
inefficient but one that nevertheless seems to move in the right direction.

  Paul Prescod