Python Productivity Gain?

Matthias no at spam.pls
Fri Feb 20 13:17:57 EST 2004

Harry George <harry.g.george at boeing.com> writes:
> I was talking about "programmer productivity" studies in general, not
> specifically Python.  My point was that the experimental model is
> convenient but not a very good representation of reality.

When people started to approach medicine scientifically I'm sure they
also were overwhelmed by the complexities of their endeavor at first.

I don't question that reality must be strongly simplified in order to
do experiments.  But you always have to simplify in order to
comprehend, explain, communicate.  The question is whether
simplifications are made explicitly and consciously or not.

> Google for "programmer productivity"

I checked the first 30 out of the 16,000 pages found.  It is about
what I expected: Mostly advertisement for products and "solutions".
Maybe one of the pages might qualify as an empirical study.

This industry is on a random walk... ;-))