Help: Is Python suitable?

Tran Tuan Anh anhtt at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 01:21:47 EST 2004

Hi,

I have an programming assignment, and would like to try out Python.

I need to read in a simple textual language (does Python have a
scanner, and parser?), and do some processing. After that, generate
some codes in an other language. Basically, the program generates code
for another program based on some textual input.

I can do it in Java of course. However, it will be quite cumbersome.

I wonder if Python is more suitable for this kind of job?

Hope someone could enlighten me on this matter?

Thanks a lot!
Tuan Anh

P/S: I knew Java, Pascal very well. I also touch a bit on C/C++,
Scheme, SML.