ANN: matplotlib-0.50 - python plots

n4482 at klaff.org n4482 at klaff.org
Thu Feb 19 12:46:30 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to play with matplotlib, but am having installation trouble.

I installed GTK from GTK-Runtime-Environment-2.2.4.1.exe into
c:\gtk as suggested in the installation notes and added
c:\gtk\bin and c:\gtk\lib to the path.

I installed pygtk from pygtk-2.0.0.win32-py2.3.exe and matplotlib from
matplotlib-0.50.win32-py2.3.exe.

If I try to execute
>>> from matplotlib.matlab import *
I get a dialog box titled: python.exe - Entry Point Not Found and
The procedure entry point libiconv_set_reloaction_prefix
could not be located in the dynamic link library iconv.dll.

The following traceback is issued:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\matlab.py", line 126, in ?
    from backends import new_figure_manager, error_msg, \
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\__init__.py", line 16,
 in ?
    from backend_gtk import  \
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\backend_gtk.py", line
13, in ?
    import gobject
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

I'm running python 2.3.3 on Windows XP.

Any thoughts?

Dave