Hiding/showing Tkinter.Canvas items

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at N0SP4M.com
Thu Feb 19 06:14:40 EST 2004

Marc Boeren wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>>mycanvas.itemconfigure("highlight", state='hidden')
>>
>>Easy, once you know it :-)
>

> It takes a bit of searching and experimenting, but once you know .configure
> and .itemconfigure and also know where to find a list of options
> (http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TkCmd/canvas.htm), there's a lot you can do.
> The Canvas widget has amazed me with its flexibility and power: I love it!

This is the main reason I stick to Tkinter. I've never seen any widget just half
as powerful as tk's canvas in any other GUI toolkit. BTW, does anybody know any
of these toolkits that have a decent equivalent of the canvas? There are quite a
lot of GUI toolkits interfaced with Python (wxWindows, Qt, FLTK, Fox
--
- Eric Brunel <eric dot brunel at pragmadev dot com> -