Hiding/showing Tkinter.Canvas items

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at N0SP4M.com
Thu Feb 19 06:20:37 EST 2004

(Sorry for the previous post: unwanted click on the "Send button"... I did not
find how to cancel the message via Mozilla's news reader: there is a "Cancel
message" item in the contextual menu, but it is always disabled. If anybody can
help...)

Marc Boeren wrote:
 > Hi,
 >

 >>>mycanvas.itemconfigure("highlight", state='hidden')
 >>
 >>Easy, once you know it :-)
 >

 > It takes a bit of searching and experimenting, but once you know .configure
 > and .itemconfigure and also know where to find a list of options
 > (http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TkCmd/canvas.htm), there's a lot you can do.
 > The Canvas widget has amazed me with its flexibility and power: I love it!

This is the main reason I stick to Tkinter. I've never seen any widget just half
as powerful as tk's canvas in any other GUI toolkit.

BTW, does anybody know any of these toolkits that have a decent equivalent of
tk's canvas? There are quite a lot of GUI toolkits interfaced with Python
(wxWindows, GTK, Qt, FLTK, Fox, ...) and I never had time to experiment them all
to see how easily a vector-graphics drawing application can be done. If anybody
has any experience with that, I'd be glad to hear about it.
--
- Eric Brunel <eric dot brunel at pragmadev dot com> -