Python and DISLIN

chain_lube at hotmail.com chain_lube at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 8 06:10:56 EST 2004

"Tom Richardson" <n4we at bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<%38Vb.14040$Rl4.340 at bignews5.bellsouth.net>...

> If anyone has any experience using the graphics package DISLIN with Python,
> I'd appreciate some help.
>
> I am trying to use the function tifmod to change the resolution of a tif
> graphics file. Either I am using it incorrectly, or I don't understand what
> it is supposed to do.
> If I use
>
> tifmod(N,'INCH','RESOLUTION')
>
> and change the value of N, I think the size and properties of the resulting
> tif file should change; but nothing seems to change, regardless of how I set
> N (or any of the other parameters). I always get a tif file with the same
> size and characteristics (I did delete the file before each trial).

Hi:

[I once used Python and DISLIN. But nowadays I use something better
for my scientific calculations: Bigloo (Scheme) + DISLIN.]

That said: the best you can do: contact directly the developers of
DISLIN. I made the experience that they are very responsive; you get
answers as fast as the earth takes for one revolution around itself.