Python and DISLIN

Tom Richardson n4we at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 7 11:13:24 EST 2004

If anyone has any experience using the graphics package DISLIN with Python,
I'd appreciate some help.

I am trying to use the function tifmod to change the resolution of a tif
graphics file. Either I am using it incorrectly, or I don't understand what
it is supposed to do.
If I use

tifmod(N,'INCH','RESOLUTION')

and change the value of N, I think the size and properties of the resulting
tif file should change; but nothing seems to change, regardless of how I set
N (or any of the other parameters). I always get a tif file with the same
size and characteristics (I did delete the file before each trial).

What do I not understand?

Thanks,

Tom