C Embedding problem, ImportError

Anand K Rayudu anand at easi.soft.net
Tue Feb 10 08:39:57 EST 2004

hi Tero,

I also faced similar kind of problem on HP & IBM workstations.
This is how i solved.

run python outside & do following.
It gives out the link options required for that platform, just
re-compile your application with those options.

more information you can find out in python documentation chapter

  5.6 Linking Requirements

in my downloaded documentation it is at ~/python-docs-2.3/ext/link-reqs.html

>>> import distutils.sysconfig
>>> distutils.sysconfig.get_config_var('LINKFORSHARED')
'-Xlinker -export-dynamic'

Hope this helps!! :-)

Anand