using the zipimporter module from my own C code?

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Wed Feb 11 14:44:27 EST 2004

I'm starting to use the nifty 2.3 feature where modules can be bundled into
.zip files. I'd like to bundle additional (text) data files in the same zip
file, and load them in my C code.

Since my Python interpreter is embedded, I was wondering if it is possible
to get access to the zipimporter module and essentially "load" one of my
data files using the zipimporter directly.

Has anyone done this, and if so, can you post some sample code on doing this?