where does Python stand?

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu
Sat Feb 7 15:45:35 EST 2004

> I learned Python as part of my university coursework... I enjoyed it.
> Now I'm just wondering how Python compares with asp, jsp, php and what
> not?? I don't have slightest knowledge about these languages... Are
> they more advanced than Python? Can Python be integrated with
> Dreamweaver?

> Someone mentioned Zope. Is it similar to ASP, PHP or JSP? Is it a
> Pythonic version of ASP, JSP?

> I'm kind of lost... There are too many of these acronyms in the
> market.. Need some directions..

> What do you think would be a best design technique that I should
> follow? I know Dreamweaver, Python, Java, JavaScript, CGI using
> python, C, C++... What programming languages do I need to learn in
> order to accomplish my task? If I need to choose between ASP and JSP,
> I'd rather go for JSP cause it'll be easier for me to migrate as I
> don't know much about VB, Jscript and C#.

If you know Dreamweaver, Python, Java, JavaScript, and CGI using Python,
C, and C++, and you /don't know/ how/where to get started on your
project...that is some serious indecision.  Pick your favorite language,
and write your app.

Two years is a lot of time to dedicate to something that has been
implemented hundreds of times.

  - Josiah