Session CGI!

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Tue Feb 24 11:06:32 EST 2004

John wrote:
> I am not looking for magic. What I am looking for is an elegant
> solution to manage session info like in ASP/PHP, both of which have
> doing this for quite a while. It's hardly exotic. It has been a couple
> of years since I last used ASP, but I think it was session("var") =
> value in ASP. Can't be simpler than that.

Hi John,

Are you aware that you can use Python as an ASP language? I use tiny ASP
pages with content like:

<%@Language=Python%>
<%
from myapp.html import uiasp
uiasp.UserInterfaceASP(Application, Session, Request,
Response).dispatch()
%>

...where the dispatch() call writes content to the Response object. I
wrote a more complete treatment at
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/225299 which
shows how to write an app so you can deploy it on both IIS/ASP and
mod_python. I admit, I haven't touched the Session object--perhaps you
can work that bit out and let me know how to do it. :)

HTH!

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries