Taking Over the Screen - Tkinter

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Thu Feb 26 04:31:24 EST 2004

I'm working on a presentation program that needs to produce 'full
screen' images.

The effect will be something like a powerpoint presentation.
In actual fact it's a song database with lyrics - and each 'screen'
will need a widget for next verse, previous verse, chorus etc..... so
what I'd really like is a Tk text widget that is full screen sized.

(For the moment I'll just use a large window - most of the work will
be in building the interface to the database).

How do I either -

1) Produce a borderless full screen window *or*
2) Detect the window size

using Tkinter pereferably................

Thanks,

Fuzzy