wxWindows changes name

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Feb 24 02:55:53 EST 2004

Ben Finney <bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au> wrote:

>Just when we thought things were looking up on the whole "Windows as a
>trademark" for something that Microsoft didn't originate in the first
>place.
>
>The wxWindows project have announced that they are changing their name
>to wxWidgets, specifically to avoid problems with the Microsoft product
>name.

That's enough to make a guy angry.  Not at Julian or Robin, but at the
bozos at Microsoft who have the unmitigated gall to suggest that ANY use of
the word "windows" could possibly have any impact on their galactic empire.

Did you hear about the teenager named Mike Rowe, who decided to call his
little company "Mike Rowe Soft"?  When he registered his domain, the
Redmond lawyers came a-knocking, demanding money.  Fortunately, the bad
press caused them to change their mind in this case.

Andersen Windows had better fire up their legal team.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.