wxWindows changes name

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Feb 24 13:48:20 EST 2004

"Piet van Oostrum" <piet at cs.uu.nl> wrote in message
news:wzy8qsfqe6.fsf at ordesa.cs.uu.nl...

> So what will happen to the X Window system, often referred to as
XWindows.

Isn't there a consortium or something, with much more resources ($$$) to
fight than Julian and Robin have?  Anyway, I have the impression (possibly
wrong) that WxWindows started out to be compatible with and a clone of and
was originally named after MS Windows, while the X Window system preceeds
MSW, so that the cases (and possible court outcomes) are different.

It is a complement to Julian and Robin that MS noticed them enough to
threaten and negotiate with them.  Also that they did not just cave but
negotiated a 6 month transition period and $ for transition costs.

> And what about the comp.windows.x newsgroup hierarchy?

Who are they going to sue?

Terry J. Reedy