Limited time - pay nothing for airline tickets uvsilwpot dnmmx

wendyal wendyal.11jf9d at webfrustration.com
Thu Feb 12 18:43:39 EST 2004

Edwina Bond wrote:
> [B]2 Round Trip Airline Tickets, a $1,600 Value.  Now Only $100!
>

> Get 2 Round Trip Airline Tickets with your paid membership to the
> Travel Values Alert Club.  Membership is an incredibly low one
> time fee of $100.

I can't believe I fell for this offer (at the higher telemarket price
of $185).  As they say "you never get something for nothing".  After
more than a dozen emails back and forth to make sure I wasn't not doing
something and getting disqualified, and managing to jump all the hoops,
I got as far as the "Reservation Request Form".  This was the first
feet.  Here are there instructions.  They come with an address (2415
East Camelback Road, Suite 700, Phoenix, AZ 85016) but no phone number
or email address.  On the back is a very basic form with no hints of
what airports they fly out of, where they fly to, or help with the
lodging.  Note however the the cost of lodging is $250 per person for
an unknown length of time, so, so much for "free tickets".  I love the
fact that we have to be ready to travel, but we have to leave 30 days
between possible departure dates.  This is not what the person I talked
to told me I was getting in to.  I'd like my money back, thank you!

Here's what the letter says that you finally get from them in a plain
white envelope that I almost missed in the mail.

> To claim you promotional airfare, fill out this Form and send it to
> address listed above WHEN YOU ARE READY TO TRAVEL.  The RRF
> (Reservation Request Form) must be filled out in its entirety to be
> processed.  The RRF is valid for 2 years from the issue date listed
> above. Promotional tickets are not available from all departure
> points and are limited in quantity.  Not all destinations will be
> available every date.  Two alternate departure dates, a minimum of 30
> days apart, must be selected.  Lodging must be booked to claim your 2
> airlaine tickets.
>
> For each destination, you will be provided with a quote of the
> lodging available in that area and the minimum nuimber of nights that
> must be booked.  Prices are per person, per night based on double
> occupancy.  A $250 per person hotel deposit must accompany your RRF.
> Deposits are accepted in the form of certified funds only.  Please
> include a cashiers check or money or money order made payable to
> First Choice Vacations.  Any monies not used for your hotel stay will
> be returned to you upon request once your travel is completed.
>
> It is mandatory that you provide an E-mail address or fax number that
> is readily available when you return the RRF.  Since your quote is
> valid for 48 hours, it will either be emailed or faxed to you.
> Please make sure you specify your Primary and Secondary Phone Numbers
> in order of accessibility.

Here's the rest of their offer.  Don't get suckered in and don't let
your friends do it either!

--
wendyal