internationalisation/gettext - any sample (.MO) data available ?

P at draigBrady.com P at draigBrady.com
Tue Feb 3 07:46:20 EST 2004

Richard Shea wrote:
> Hi - I'd like to try applying internationalisation techniques to get
> an idea of how much extra work is involved.
>
> As a first step I'm looking at the class based gettext. I just
> wondered if anyone knew of some ready made .MO files I could use - I
> don't care what the subject matter is I just want something realistic
> to work with (I have tried googling but a search string with 'sample'
> and 'file' pulls up an awful lot of unrelated stuff).

You can use some of the existing system mo files
(assuming your on linux).
This gives an overview, including a method to
list the contents of a system mo file:
http://www.pixelbeat.org/docs/i18n.html

Pádraig.