Zope (was: Re: easiest transition for a PHP website to move to Python?)

konsu konsu at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 1 14:39:40 EST 2004

but the references given below discuss old versions of Zope! the latest Zope
seems to have overcome a lot of limitations listed (they now have SQL
connectivity, integration with other web servers, ZPT if DTML is
insufficient, etc).

I am not a Zope proponent by the way, I have just started looking at it, and
I am still trying to decide what to use: Zope, WebWare, or something else...

konstantin

news:6ee58e07.0401301702.42c759f8 at posting.google.com...
news:<bvdvr6$96h$05$1 at news.t-online.com>...

> > Where exactly is zope not "real" python? Just because it features two
> > templating-methods that are for good reasons _not_ python embedded into
> > html, its still a python webapp server.
>
> > I never used webware, so I can't compare both, but from what I see it
> > appears to me like tomcat (or maybe jboss) the python way. No problem
with
> > that. But object-relational-mappers are a PITA if you _must_ use them.
ZODB
> > oth is much more of a object-orientied (not relational, though)
database.