Software patents [was: Re: Programmers Wanted..]

Miklós nospam at nowhere.hu
Sun Feb 1 14:47:28 EST 2004

Well, I don't have a hostile stance against software patents per se.
However I have yet to see a single case when I see a software patent as
justified.
You know about the "progress bar" case, don't you?
I think real innovations are of mathematical nature. And mathematics (or
science) cannot/mustn't
be patented.

Fake, business motivated patents jeopardize will the whole IT industry, at
least in the States.
Fortunately the fight against software patents seem to show some success in
the European Union. :)

Best,
 Miklós

news:2da21d6c.0401311702.1fd5c019 at posting.google.com...