spam classification breaker

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) tdelaney at avaya.com
Thu Feb 5 18:19:22 EST 2004

> From: Tim Peters
>
> That's the purpose of the HTML "web bug"/"web beacon"s in the
> thousands of test messages.

Of course, once I've started training emails with such web bugs (which contain specific URLs, etc) as spam, pretty soon none of those emails are going to be successfully classified as ham.

John didn't state in his article (IIRC - I read it a few days ago when it appeared on Slashdot ;) but I don't think he was training his corpus on those emails - just letting them be classified.

So I think it's essentially a self-defeating attack in any case.

Tim Delaney