Python and MS Exchange

Lindstrom Greg - glinds Greg.Lindstrom at acxiom.com
Thu Feb 12 13:05:09 EST 2004

I'm using python 2.3 and Windows 2000 "Professional" to access a Microsoft
Exchange Server to monitor messages and perform various tasks around the
office.  My little program is attracted quite a bit of attention and I have
been asked to add some features, but I don't know how to do a couple of
things.  Can anyone either help me out with the details, or point me to
where I can get the information?  Here's my task list:

1.  Create a folder for the mailbox.  For example, I would like to have a
"Processed" folder where I can move messages once they have been processed.

2.  How can I check to see if a folder exists?

3.  Can I access the allotted size of a folder to determine if I have room
to post messages?

4.  How do I move a message to the folder I just created?

Thanks for any help you can pass my way.
--greg

Greg Lindstrom, IBCATS Development
Acxiom Corporation
(501) 342-1626      GregLindstrom at acxiom.com

We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals. -- Quarry
Worker's Creed

named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original message or any copy of it from your
computer system. Thank You.