ANN: GallerPy 0.6.0

Freddie lion-freddie at zebra-madcowdisease.giraffe-org
Tue Dec 28 08:42:26 EST 2004

GallerPy is a fairly basic dynamic web gallery written in Python and
uses the Python Imaging Library. It is licensed under the terms of the
BSD License.

Features include:
   * Fluid CSS layout
   * SCGI support
   * Other exciting stuff

GallerPy is available for download from the MadCowDisease web site:
http://www.madcowdisease.org/index.py/GallerPy

Changes in this release:
* Added a 'header_file' option, which displays the contents of a text file if
it exists in the current directory. See gallerpy.conf for details.
* Added GZIP encoding support. See gallerpy.conf for details.
* Added 'croncheck.py'. Edit the CHECKME section under the license, then run
it regularly from your crontab to restart your SCGI daemons. Very useful if
your web host ever gets restarted or whatever.
* Updated the default template and some bits and pieces of internal code to
use proper indenting, and also valid XHTML 1.1.
* Updated the CSS to use 'safer' sizing values. Taller folder/thumbnail divs
also help with IE5/6 and it's weird layout engine.
* Changed scgi_daemon.py to use -L for log filename so it matches -P.
* Fixed our except hook. We no longer need the nasty-looking cgitb, yay!
* Fixed the pidfile writing/unlinking in scgi_daemon.py.
* Fixed generate_thumbnails so it catches exceptions properly.
* Fixed the encoded and 'normal' filenames for prev/next image being switched
in image display mode.
* Fixed image display not having prev/next links if there is a non-image as
the prev/next file.
* Various minor cleanups.