Using pyclbr

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu Dec 30 12:39:49 EST 2004

	I've been playing around with pyclbr today, and it does what I need it
to do. The only problem is that it seems r-e-e-e-a-a-a-a-l-l-l-l-y-y-y
slow! I called pyclbr.readmodule() with a file that was about 2K in
size, and which contained only two classes. That call took over 12
seconds to complete! I tried also passing the optional path to the
module, but it had no effect on the speed. Is this normal? Is there
anything I can do to improve performance?

	I'm running Python 2.3.4 on Mac OS X 10.3.

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /