why no python setup.py uninstall?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Dec 5 14:14:19 EST 2004

Alia Khouri wrote:
> I'm guessing that this is a non-issue for most people (-;

Well, you've allowed all of about 1.5 days for replies
to come, and on a weekend at that.

Be patient.

I would also guess it's a non-issue as well, however.
A quick perusal of the archives (which I leave to you)
would very likely show almost no discussion of this in
the past few years (at least, that's what I recall).

On your specific reason for asking: I would suggest
just not worrying about "being extra clean about it".
Python's generally pretty good about not messing up
when you install a new version of something without
uninstalling the previous version.

-Peter