Jython performance

Sean Blakey pythonista at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 14:20:02 EST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:03:55 -0200, Gabriel Cosentino de Barros
<aut_gbarros at uolinc.com> wrote:

> On the "Best GUI for small-scale accounting app?" tread some people
> mentioned jython. I went to read about it, but i was wondering if anyone has
> any real project done with it and can give real world comments about
> performance.
>
> Thanks,
> Gabriel
> --

I've been very happy with it's performance, after the one-time
interpreter startup. Currently, I am using Jython embedded in a large
Web Application, with Struts actions defined in Jython working with
Java Beans managed by a Hibernate back end. The Jython-beans
interoperability makes this very simple, and I'm not seeing an
appreciable performance difference between the Jython actions and the
pure Java actions.

--
Sean Blakey
Saint of Mild Amusement, Evil Genius, Big Geek