Complementary language?

HackingYodel taoiststarter at -nospam-yahoo.com
Sat Dec 25 18:40:31 EST 2004

Hello all!  I'm learning to program at home.  I can't imagine a better
language than Python for this.  The ideal situation, for me, would be to
study two languages at the same time.  Probably sounds crazy, but it
works out better for me.  Being a newbie, I find almost all languages
fascinating.  C, D, Objective-C, Ocaml, C++, Lisp, how is a non-tech to
choose?  Does any single language do a better job in Python's weaker
areas? Would anyone care to suggest one to supplement Python.  That is,
if you could only use Python and one other language, which would it be?
  Thank you for your time and help.