Python 3000, zip, *args and iterators

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 01:47:01 EST 2004

Terry Reedy wrote:
> "Steven Bethard" <steven.bethard at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:O5Jzd.566495$wV.471519 at attbi_s54...
>
>>I guess the point of my question is to find out if this kind of nice
>>interaction of *args and iterators is something that's in the road-map.
>>If it is, then maybe there are parts of it that could be implemented in a
>>way that's backwards compatible, even if the full system wouldn't be
>>available for some time.  (Perhaps something along the lines of "from
>>__future__ import iter_args".)
>
> You can certainly share your concerns with the PEP author.  I believe that
> there is also a PyWiki page that you can directly add to.

Yeah, I found the wiki page too[1].  Does anyone know if it's okay to
add things to this page?  I had avoided doing so since it gives as its
description "This page lists features that GvR has mentioned as goals
for Python 3.0" which sounds like it's not intended for commentary by
the general Python community.

Maybe I should start a Python3.0Wishlist page?

Steve

[1]http://www.python.org/moin/Python3_2e0

P.S. I thought about posting to python-dev where GvR might hear directly
about this kind of thing, but it seems a little premature since most
predictions put Python 3.0 at least 3-5 years from now.