BASIC vs Python

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Sun Dec 19 14:56:22 EST 2004

Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> writes:

> 	After all, AREXX was the "VBA" of the Amiga... My first real
> Python program worked with an AREXX script to handle outgoing email

That's funny. My mail reader on the Amiga was an Arexx script driving
the Thinker hypertext engine. It slurped up email, and created links
for the Reply-To and References headers. Unfortunately, it used the
message id as the label on the message, so then-current versions of
Outlook Express broke the labelling.

    <mike