Ideas for projects

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Fri Dec 10 18:58:36 EST 2004

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 09:29 pm, Phillip Bowden wrote:
> I feel that I've learned the language pretty well, but I'm having
> trouble thinking of a medium to large project to start.  What are some
> projects that you have written in the past with Python?

I would recommend going to Sourceforge and doing a search for
projects that list Python as their programming language. You'll
find lots of open source projects in Python, and maybe a few you'd
be interested in pursuing.  There are lots of projects that need
help, and some are quite fascinating projects, depending on your
interests.

http://sourceforge.net/

You might also want to try the same sort of thing at

http://nongnu.org/

Except there, they shoot you if you say "open source", even if
you are in fact using the GPL license, as I found out the hard
way.  Fair warning.

Cheers,
Terry