Other notes

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Dec 29 14:59:36 EST 2004

"Steven Bethard" <steven.bethard at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:TLqAd.719331$mD.298058 at attbi_s02...
> I'll second that.  Please, "Bearophile", do us the courtesy of checking
>
> (1) Google groups archive of the mailing list:
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python
>
> and
>
> (2) The Python Enhancement Proposals:
> http://www.python.org/peps/
>
> before posting another such set of questions.  While most of the people
> on this list are nice enough to answer your questions anyway, the answers
> are already out there for at least half of your questions, if you would
> do us the courtesy of checking first.

I also suggest perusing the archived PyDev (Python Development mailing
list) summaries for the last couple of years (see python.org).  Every two
weeks, Brett Cannon has condensed everything down to a few pages.  You can
easily focus on the topics of interest to you.  For instance, there was
discussion of making lists truly double-ended, but it was decided to settle
for certain improvements in the list implementation while adding
collections.deque (sp?) in 2.4.

Terry J. Reedy