sql server support from linux

Simon Wittber simonwittber at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 19:52:46 EST 2004

> I considered doing exactly the same thing a while ago, but was worried
> about running into an annoyance like that.

FWIW, The synchronous Pyro server performed much faster than the
multithreaded version, even under heavy use from 3 machines.

It appeared that while the database queries were serialized, network
IO was not. I infered this from the observation that a large result
set would take around 15 seconds to complete, yet other smaller
queries were able to run about 2-3 seconds after the large query was
started.

Sw.