How did you learn Python?

Miles miles_f at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 13:05:30 EST 2004

Eric Pederson wrote:
> I think you might appreciate "Learning Python" as it's written very succinctly, but it goes through the language features pretty comprehensively.

I second the recommendation of "Learning Python" - it's an excellent book.  I read
it cover-to-cover in about a week, stopping to do each of the exercises along the
way, and I'm now comfortable and confident coding programs that I previously would
have written in Perl.  I had no Python experience at all when I started, but do
have a programming background (mainly Perl and PL/SQL), and found the book to
be very well-paced.

Miles