Python mascot proposal

Luis M. Gonzalez luismgz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 09:37:19 EST 2004

> > But before pushing forward any particular design, maybe it will
make
> > sense to make some sort of official logo contest on Python's main
> > website and post it on /. ?

I was waiting for someone to propose that :-)
I'm new to this list and Python in general, but I think that this sort
of things are always decided by Guido.
I think we have two options:

1) Simply start the contest and see what happens. If it attrackts many
competitors, I guess it will be considered by the core developers.
2) Ask for permition and let them define the rules.

Perhaps the BDFL is reading this thread and has something to say about
it?