Python mascot proposal

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 13:39:58 EST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:51:18 -0500, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
> EP wrote:
> >>It's a great marketing idea. There was a thread recently on Python-dev
> >>that started with a message from Guido, where he talks about a
> >>seemingly persistent perception that exists in the specialized press
> >>regarding Python as a flexible, nice, but generally slow (or slower
> >>than the alternatives) language.
> >
> > Perception of the press: Python is "flexible, nice, but generally slow"
>
> Which press?  I know lots of programmers who have religious issues
> about (against) Python believe this, or claim to, or want to, but
> I haven't seen a lot of "press" coverage of Python's supposed slowness...
>
> Or was this just a guess on your part?

Check Guido's original message on the topic, you can find it on
python-dev articles. It`s recenet -- possibly less than one week old.
He seemed to be sincerely concerned about it, having read an article
published at some prestigious academic journal (something from ACM or
IEEE, I think). If the BDFL wrote it, what more can I say? ;-)

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com