Tkinter vs wxPython

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Tue Dec 28 15:46:12 EST 2004

Cameron Laird wrote:

>>IMO, wxPython has a softert learning curve (specially if you use
>>wxGlade), is portable between unix/windows/mac, with the advantage
>>over Tkinter that it has a native look. Regarding documentation,
> 			.
> While people seem to mean a range of different things when they
> write, "Tkinter doesn't look 'native'", most of them are being
> addressed in revisions currently underway.  In fact, new look-
> and-feel are available in early releases for those interested in
> experimentation.

Well, while on Windows "native" look exists, on X11 "native" has other
meaning. On my wife's desktop it's KDE that is native, GNUStep is native
on mine and I strongly object calling GTK "native", as one can read on
SWT/Eclipse website. There's no "universally native" look on X11. Some
toolkits look better, but this is a matter of personal taste, for
software developer clean, stable API and suitable widgets are of much
higher value.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/ | http://www.zgodowie.org/