Chrooted Python problem

John isofroni at cc.uoi.gr
Sun Dec 5 14:10:36 EST 2004

Hello to all

I lately installed the python 2.3 and mod_python 2.7.10

My apache runs in a chrooted enviroment so i want to chroot pyton and mod_python as well.

I have copy the

 /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_python.so -> /chroot /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_python.so

/usr/local/lib/python2.3 -> /chroot/usr/local/lib/python2.3

/usr/local/bin/python -> /chroot/usr/local/bin/python

And some .so files in the /chroot/lib directory that the

ldd /usr/local/bin/python
and
ldd /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_python.so
indicated

The problem is that i can start the apache in the chrooted enviroment but its childs (or children) processes (of apache) increasing and increasing until the
apache crashes (160-200 apache process).

When i disable the loading of mod_pyton.so in the httpd.conf then everything works well like it used to.

Do you know any cure about that problem?