Probleme mit der Installation der openSource Bittorrent.... python vs JAVA

Gerhard Haering gh at ghaering.de
Thu Dec 30 11:10:01 EST 2004

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 12:02:24AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 23:31, JZ wrote:
> > Dnia 30 Dec 2004 07:24:45 -0800, xunling napisa??(a):
> >
> > > ich hätte da mal eine Frage zum Azureus bttrn client.
> >
> > This is not German newsgroup! Write English or none.
>
> While that may be true, there are nicer ways to express the
> sentiment. I don't know about you, but I frequently feel rather
> poorly about demanding that others speak my language when I have no
> (or in this case very, very minimal) ability to speak theirs. [...]

I can understand your emotions here. OTOH it's typical for Germans
(and even more so French) to assume that everybody speaks their
language. And if they don't, to make an effort to figure out what the
heck they want. I'm sure it's not only not knowing the medium and
environment [*], but also plain arrogance.

-- Gerhard

[*] The very minimum of netiquette would require to read a few
messages in the newsgroup/mailing list and check what it is about and
in what language it is.