Tricks to install/run Python on Windows ?

Daniel Bickett dbickett at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 19:12:51 EST 2004

While I don't have any solutions for your problems outlined above, you
certainly don't need to limit yourself to the "tools" you've been
exposed to (nor should you make a generalization based on them).

If PythonWin is giving you that much trouble, you could optionally use
a different editor. I use DrPython[1] from time to time.

Also, when you say that you had to reinstall your "machine", surely
you didn't mean your operating system? I don't think it would be too
difficult to find a list of registry keys that Python uses, (or,
indeed, inquiring towards the values of those that 2.4 uses and
manually adding them) but I seriously doubt it involves any that your
system's stability balances on.

Daniel Bickett

NOTES:
[1] http://drpython.sf.net/