memory leak

Daniel Wheeler daniel.wheeler at nist.gov
Tue Dec 21 14:37:26 EST 2004

I'm on a linux platform and looking in proc/pid/status. Using top shows
the same problem.

I've actually just found the c routine where the memory is leaking by
the painstaking process of
taking the difference between memory consumption before and after each
python routine. I guess
that memory leaks that are not associated with python dangling
references are nearly always in the
underlying c code.

Also, does anyone know of some good memory diagnostic tools for python,
maybe even a GUI.
I am currently using some pulled from various webpages:

     http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/286222
     http://www.nightmare.com/medusa/memory-leaks.html