PIL and antialiasing problem

Laszlo Zsolt Nagy gandalf at geochemsource.com
Thu Dec 2 07:04:55 EST 2004

> Try running ImageFilter.MinFilter on the image before you thumbnail it.
> This should make dark lines thicker.
> HTH,
> Will McGugan

You are my man! It worked perfectly!

Statement: Sometimes PIL is better than Adobe Photoshop. :-)

I also found these with the aid of the wonderful dir() function:

MinFilter, MaxFilter, MedianFilter, ModeFilter, RankFilter, BuiltInFilter

They do not have a docstring and they are not documented in the
handbook. I'm curious what they do exactly. The others (like BLUR, EMBOSS,
CONTOUR etc.) are documented very well. I wonder why is that.

Python forever,

   Laszlo

mailto:gandalf at geochemsource.com
web:http://designasign.biz