PIL and antialiasing problem

Will McGugan news at NOwillmcguganSPAM.com
Thu Dec 2 07:33:57 EST 2004

Laszlo Zsolt Nagy wrote:
>>Try running ImageFilter.MinFilter on the image before you thumbnail it.
>>This should make dark lines thicker.
>>HTH,
>>Will McGugan
>

> You are my man! It worked perfectly!
>
> Statement: Sometimes PIL is better than Adobe Photoshop. :-)

Happy to help :)

> I also found these with the aid of the wonderful dir() function:
>
> MinFilter, MaxFilter, MedianFilter, ModeFilter, RankFilter, BuiltInFilter

MinFilter replaces each pixel with the darkest pixel within the filter
area. MaxFilter replaces each pixel with the brightest of the
surrounding pixels. MedianFilter sorts the surrounding pixels by
brightness and selects the middle value. I think ModeFilter selects the
most common pixel if occurs more than a certain threshhold. RankFilter
is like Median, but it selects the colour at a specific point within the
ordered list. Not sure about BuiltInFilter, my guess is its an
implementation detail of some kind..

Regards,

Will McGugan