Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Dec 2)

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Thu Dec 2 10:32:06 EST 2004

Robin Becker wrote:
> Cameron Laird wrote:
>
>> QOTW:  "... why does Microsoft try so hard to protect its sources?"

>>     2.4 is final, buildable under Windows in at least a couple     of
>> ways, improved, ...
>>         http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001657.html
>>
>>     asyncore, Twisted, the Python core...--do you understand how
>>     they relate to TLS, serial-port usage, GUI-oriented event
>>     processing, and so on?
>>         http://groups.google.com/groups?th=752ebdb8b57fa3f3
>>
>>     Ian Bicking and others describe the meaning of "Python 3000".
>>         http://groups.google.com/groups?frame=left&th=8f9b6a3959888f2b
>>
>>     Reading without blocking is possible--with care.
>>         http://groups.google.com/groups?frame=left&th=78654cfc06d2fbbe
>>
>>     Josiah Carlson and Paul McGuire explain decorators.
>>         http://groups.google.com/groups?th=5bfb80b43887bc1f
>>
>>     Nick Coghlan knows sick ways to spell "file".
>>         http://groups.google.com/groups?frame=right&th=e562a771d1c827c9
>>
>>     Python works in Frontier.
>>         http://radio.weblogs.com/0100039/2004/11/30.html#a626

> For some reason I can't seem to make use of the google links. When I use
> the above eg
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?frame=right&th=e562a771d1c827c9
>
> I get a not found google page with url
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?frame=right&th=e562a771d1c827c9
>
> really wanted to spell file in a sickly manner :)

Apparently this is due to a Google "upgrade"
See the slashdot story:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/02/149210&tid=217&tid=95

The important thing is that you (or I) can still access them at
groups.google.co.uk:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?frame=right&th=e562a771d1c827c9

etc

Maybe the URLs on the web page could be adjusted?

David